My teaching practice

I remember that my first lesson was terrible. Actually, I didn't have to do it then. It was almost two years ago...in September...just after my first year in KJO. I wanted to make the observations before the beginning of the academinc year. I went to Junior High School in my hometown and decided to ask my favourite English teacher to be my mentor. He agreed and told me that he wants me to conduct one of the lessons. I was shocked but I decided that it may be quite interesting. I didn't have any experience whatsoever and at first I didn't feel stressed at all. Later on..when I was to enter the classroom and face them all I started to panic. The lesson was not so successful... frankly speaking, it was awful. I had great problems with organising the material and especially with the discipline. I didn't know how to manage all of them and how to force them to listen and take part in the lesson actively. But fortunately, I haven't got discouraged. And now it is only getting better and better (I hope);)
0 Responses